An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the Manufacturing department.
At Apollo we’re proud of our heritage; we’ve been designing and manufacturing products that save lives, prevent injuries and protect people and assets around the world from the risk of fire for over 35 years.
Our modern production techniques, utilising the latest sophisticated manufacturing equipment sees us placed at the forefront of ground-breaking global fire detection solutions, with over 3,000 international approvals and accreditations to our name.
We’re also proud of our reputation – not only with our fire detection customers, but also within our dedicated staff base. Our team members are passionate, driven and up for a challenge, and Apollo in turn is committed to further developing our company culture, building on our founding values and traditions.
If you are that candidate who demonstrates passion, curiosity, a drive for excellence and has the ambition to make a difference, then apply today!
In this position your duties will include:
- Manage the introduction of new products into volume manufacture, liaising with other departments as required during the NPD process.
- Represent Production Engineering in the NPD process. Ensure new products are designed for manufacture and lead development and pilot builds as required.
- Use industry standard techniques to review & develop the manufacturing process, this will include Lean, PFMEA, Control Plans & Process Flow diagrams
- Responsible for manufacturing layout and line design (minimise waste and maximum efficiency).
- Increase the internal awareness of best practice techniques leading training sessions across the business. Run best practice workshops.
- Support sales teams in identifying solutions to customer requirements. Identify cost effective solutions to individual customer requirements.
- Work as part of a multi skilled team providing day to day technical support to all areas of production applying best practice/lean techniques as required.
- Continually evaluate and apply best practice to remove waste and improve quality.
- Responsible for manufacturing layout and line design, Minimise waste and maximise efficiency.
- Increase the internal awareness of best practice techniques especially design for manufacture and design for assembly.
- Work closely with Quality and Supply Chain to ensure that Supplier Investigation Reports will adequately address the root cause.
- Garner cross-functional support and engage others to participate on major issues.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may be required from time to time. Any such duties should not, however, substantially change the general character of the post.
Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Working in a production engineering role, preferably in a high volume, low value electronic assembly environment.
- Practical application of lean manufacturing, quality control plans and SPC charts
- A record of personal development.
- Mechanical/Electrical background with HNC/Degree or appropriate experience.