Software Buyer & Asset Controller
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
To improve GD-MS ability to select, procure and manage COTS software assets throughout the EvO Programme Lifecycle. Support Engineering teams in the selection of the most appropriate COTS software at the optimal cost. Educate GD-MS staff across all functions in the commercial and asset management of COTS software. To lead the development and delivery of best practice COTS software procurement processes and the development and delivery of best practice COTS software contract management processes
- Provides software license and product expertise across the EvO Programme
- Procurement of COTS software
- The management of software assets throughout the EvO Programme Lifecycle
- Co-ordinate the through-life transition of software from the procurement and receipt of individual Configuration Items (CIs) from vendors to their incorporation into builds and sell off to the Customer. This will include taking ownership of software inventory items and managing purchased software licences for development and production release.
- Address and manage issues pertaining to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Trade of Arms Regulations (ITAR) with respect to software and software documentation across all vendors and customers and ensure that GDUK meet the legal and commercial obligations required of them regarding the distribution and management of software licences.
- Understand all software inventory items and their licensing issues and provide the appropriate advice and guidance to programmes
- Ensure that all software licence orders, renewals and contracts are managed accurately and efficiently in line with Software Asset Management (SAM) processes and procedures
- Support Engineering/CM Departments in the creation of software licence Bills of Materials (BoMs) and their release into Oracle ERP
- Facilitate regular audits to reconcile installed software against purchased software licences to verify compliance.
- Validate and report on the programme software licence status
- Undertake Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting in line with GDUK Asset Management requirements
- Strong understanding of the COTS software market place
- Strong understanding of software licensing structures
- Commercial acumen
- Contract and Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Business & Finance Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager