Electrical and Cabling Engineer
Electrical & Cabling Engineer in the Engineering Department (EN), Electrical Engineering Group (EL), Fibre Optics and Cabling Section (FC).
As an Electrical & Cabling Engineer, you will:
- Take responsibility for Direct Current (DC) cabling projects, including both air-cooled and water-cooled cables.
- Carry out DC-cable design according to the requirements for the DC-circuits in the accelerators.
- Draw-up technical specifications and manage industrial supply and installation contracts.
- Define cabling components, installation methodologies, testing procedures, naming conventions, and database strategies for data organisation.
- Organize DC-power cabling campaigns on the CERN site, requiring close and frequent on-site interactions with contractors and CERN users from other groups/departments.
- Prepare statistics and forecasting, and follow-up project costs and financial plans.
- Coordinate and train a team of engineers and technicians contributing in large DC-cabling projects, as required.
- Contribute in similar activities for Alternating Current (AC) and signal cabling, including fibre optics, as required.
Qualification required: Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of electrical engineering, or equivalent. Experience and competencies
- Demonstrated experience in the field of electrical cabling.
- Practical experience in cable installation and testing.
- Proven experience to deal with contractors and sub-contractors.
- Experience in water-cooled cables would be an asset.
- Systems installation/decommissioning, signal and power cabling.
- Assembly of connectors and cables, including related techniques and tools.
- Project Management.
- Knowledge of modern programming techniques and simulation design software.
- Knowledge of cabling infrastructures design and installation techniques, in particular for power cables.
- Knowledge of design and installation of mechanical structures, including cables trays and racks.
Application deadline: 10.10.2017. We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years.
Please visit our website for more information on the Eligibility and employment conditions.