Electrical Technical Engineer
Electrical Technical Engineer in the Technology Department (TE), Cryogenics Group (CRG), Controls Electricity Section (CE).
As a technical engineer specializing in electrical for industrial process control systems, particularly in the field of low tension electricity and automations, you will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the Controls and Electricity Section (CE). After an initial period of training you will take responsibility for the design, construction, implementation, configuration and support of the electrical process-control equipment for the CERN cryogenic infrastructure. The scope of this activity includes both new projects as well as the consolidation and renovation of the electrical system of existing installations. You will:
- Develop, construct, install and commission complex electrical systems for large cryogenic plants.
- Participate in first line support, maintenance and in the upgrades of existing cryogenic electrical control systems.
- Organize the consolidation, emergency fault detection and repairs and intervene as member of a stand-by duty team.
- Manage the corresponding technical documentation.
- The work requires collaboration with people and services inside and outside the Organization.
- Qualification required: Bachelor in the field of electricity for industrial process control system, or equivalent.
- Experience and competencies:
- Proven experience in the low and medium voltage electrical industrial domains.
- Demonstrated experience in support and maintenance of highly automated electromechanical installations.
- Experience in maintenance using an informatics database tool, would be a major asset.
- Electro-mechanical design.
- Commissioning and maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment: installation and commissioning of electromechanical installations.
- Maintenance and operation of electro-mechanical equipment: first line operational support of complex electro-mechanical equipment.
- Spoken and written English or French; ability to draw-up technical specifications documentation and/or scientific reports.
- Basic knowledge of the other language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Application deadline 15.10.2017.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Please visit our website for more information on the Eligibility and employment conditions.