Senior Product Definition/Configuration Engineer
Opportunities have arisen in the Product Definition Group for experienced Configuration Engineers with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe’s number one missile system provider. As part of a team you will provide configuration control and data management support for the next generation of advanced missile systems.
- You will be part of a Configuration Management team responsible for conducting Configuration activities, throughout the whole of the product lifecycle, for a wide range of missile system and sub-system hardware, software, drawings, models and other supporting documentation
- You will report directly to a Configuration Manager and have responsibility for enforcing Configuration Management policy and processes for your Project and other stakeholder areas across the MBDA business
- You will be supported with state of the art Product Lifecycle Management tools along with MBDAs extensive in house facilities
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working on challenging Projects across the whole of the product lifecycle and to support you, you will receive structured skills development and training in the aspects of Configuration Control as employed by MBDA (UK)
- The opportunity to bring new ideas and help evolve MBDA’s configuration management policy and processes for the future
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including a route to Professional Accreditation in the area of Configuration Management
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated prospects of international travel
What’s great about the team?
- Professional Configuration Management is critical to MBDAs continued success with expertise in the role being recognised for its importance across multiple Directorates within the organisation
- You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of world class products
- Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect awareness of some of the latest technologies
What are we looking for?
- Ideally a background in Configuration Control and Data Management and an HND/HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
- You should have an eye for detail and able to apply that with respect to engineering data, drawings and models.
- You will possess good communication skills and be aware of cultural differences
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues
- Ideally you will have experience of Windchill as a Product Lifecycle Management tool.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)