Investment Delivery Engineer: Non Load Related
Job Type: Full-Time
We’ve connected millions of people safely, reliably and efficiently to the energy they use since 1990. But the world has grown, becoming more urban, complex and connected than ever before. So we’ve changed too. We know we can’t stand still or be complacent, so we’re planning, innovating and working to remain as vital and relevant as ever before. Join us and you’ll help us build the energy systems of tomorrow. Join us and be at the heart of energy.
Network Management is at the core of planning, optioneering and developing electricity transmission projects and this is a fantastic opportunity to join the Investment Delivery departmentwho are at the heart of bringing our customer projects to life and delivering on our customer promises.
We are currently recruiting for an Investment Delivery Engineer who will lead the investment team in the option selection and development of investments .This will include leading for Electrical Transmission on the customer offer process, through to sanction decision. You will drive the investment decision for a range of investment typeson the basis of cost, risk and performance of the Electrical transmission investment portfolio.
About the Role
- Lead the investment team process including re-examination of need case and build/non-build options;
- Monitor investment evolution and delivery against value, need case and affordability by ensuring any change in circumstance is fully evaluated and assessed. Any changes are implemented via the change control mechanism;
- Write investment sanctions/re-sanctions and closure papers in a professional manner, incorporating contributions from other members of the Investment Team that include the correct drivers, scope, programme, costs, financial treatment, RIIO impact and lessons learned as appropriate to ensure Investment Committees have a clear articulation for that Investment's rationale;
- To assist in the creation of a sustainable Capital Plan by accurately forecasting the scope, cost and timing of a portfolio of Non Load Related future electricity investments;
- Accountable for the delivery of Project Briefs for non-load related schemes which take account of portfolio of schemes to be developed and delivered by Capital Delivery and Electricity Transmission operations;
- Assist the investment team process including re-examination of need case and build/non-build options.
- Educated to degree level, or with a relevant professional qualification;
- Ideally come from a construction or engineering background and have experience working in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Electricity Transmission system and the assets;
- Knowledge of requirements for connecting new generation and demand connections to the transmission system;
- Strong leadership skills and experience of team working will be key to your success in this role, as you’ll often lead others remotely;
- You’ll use your strong communication skills to engage stakeholders, forging and maintaining relationships internally and externally;
- With your strong drive for results, you’ll develop a wide internal and external perspective, using your knowledge to drive improvements to business processes;
- We expect a good level of business and commercial acumen, strong project management skills, and a passion for process excellence in our successful candidate.
Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards, we also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of gender, race and thought, whatever your background. By helping you shape your career and get to where you want to go, we feel we can create an engaged workforce, which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision.
To learn more about working at National Grid and applying for this position, click on the ‘Apply’ button.