Due to considerable growth, we're currently looking for 30 people to join us as Hydro-Mechanical Engineers at our site in Birmingham.
As a Hydro-Mechanical Engineer, you will support the design, development and qualification, and lifecycle management phases of a product. You will participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the activities considered during the lifecycle of a product are carried out in a consistent and appropriate manner.
In this role, you will support and own key development activities, be that ownership of a particular product, unit attributes, or development tests. You shall be responsible for the execution of these activities through the development and qualification lifecycle and you will work with other functions/organisations both internally and externally to ensure that design and test requirements are met in line with regulatory and customer needs.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we're keeping the world flying.
- Work with your fellow team members to define the appropriate strategy for the implementation and execution of product development and qualification activities.
- Produce technical reports, where required, to document the work carried out.
- Review product requirements to ensure that these are in-line with current capability, and highlight any deficiencies where appropriate.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure that product development, modification, or certification is carried out in a controlled manner.
- Provide support in resolving technical issues in a structured way to ensure product technical requirements and/or investigations are resolved in a timely manner.
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Engineering experience, preferably in a relevant engineering environment, with a working knowledge of product design, manufacturing and test methods.
- Good working understanding of the control and measurement system requirements and capabilities and how these interface with products under test would be advantageous.
- Ability to interpret test results and provide an informed opinion or conclusion as to the outcome. This includes an understanding of measurement uncertainty.
- Ability to carry out, identify, and manage risk.
- A broad understanding of other business areas.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment or as a sole contributor on identified projects.
- Good time management skills - able to prioritise and manage a variety of tasks.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.