Embedded Software Engineer
We have an opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer to work on innovative, high-profile projects within the Rolls-Royce Controls System division, where there is potential for you to be based either at Derby or Birmingham.
You will be working to develop our embedded, safety-critical software. This includes the continuous improvement of our development processes, tools and infrastructure to support the development of our world-leading engine control and monitoring systems.
The division is in an exciting period of growth and development. We are introducing several new products to market in order to support the increasing demands of our international customer base. The division works across a number of UK sites including Derby and Birmingham. With a structured progression framework in place, you will be able to maximise your potential in both a technical and management capacity if desired.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we're keeping the world flying.
- Working with Systems Engineers to elicit the software requirements.
- Following the software development lifecycle to deliver customer requirements.
- Demonstrating process adherence and solution correctness.
- Supporting the continued improvement for cost reduction and quality improvement of our software development processes.
- Working across both the Software, Systems and Electronics disciplines.
- Given the team structures, there is also the opportunity for you to develop your project management skills as well as your technical ones.
- Experienced with embedded hardware platforms and programming (ideally with C/Ada).
- Degree qualified - ideally in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering or equivalent in experience.
- Self-motivated and prepared to become familiar with new techniques and tools.
- Familiar with hardware/software integration.
- Experienced in real-time systems and scheduling.
- Familiar with safety-critical development constraints (DO-178B/C).
- Knowledge of software verification principles, processes and tools as well as digital electronics and programmable logic devices.
- Host tool development in environments such as Eclipse and M2M and M2T transformation technologies.
- Modular embedded software architectures, middlewares and real-time operating systems.
- UML/SysML and other modelling languages and Dynamic modelling using Matlab/SCADE.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
At Rolls-Royce, we develop integrated power and propulsion solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.