Electrical Standards Engineer
Senior Engineer (Electrical Standards, Technical Regulations)
circa £35,000 to £50,000 per annum, dependant on experience
The IET are seeking a Senior Engineer to join our standards and compliance team.
The successful Senior Engineer will have technical clarity in speech with experience in BS 7671 (Wiring Regulations). Strong presentation and people skills are essential. The ideal candidate will be a calm and professional individual with the ability to work well in a team. You will have outstanding customer service skills and experience in dealing with people at all levels.
There are two key parts to this role:
- To support the work of JPEL/64 by undertaking managerial and secretarial duties for that committee and its subcommittees in the further development of BS 7671 in liaison with BSI.
- To support the IET’s charitable remit and enhance its standing in industry through the dissemination of information.
- an experienced electrical engineer with expertise in electrical installation practices in the UK, ideally qualified to Incorporated Engineer level
- lecturing and/or public speaking experience desirable
- a good working knowledge of the IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2008 incorporating Amendment No.3 2015, associated legislation and existing industry guidance
- sound technical ability in order to draft technical papers, guidance and interpretation
- first-rate communication skills to liaise with team members, senior technical representatives from industry and educational institutions, especially in the contracting sector
- strong organizational skills
- dynamic and able to diversify
- excellent IT abilities, emphasis on proficiency in MS Word
- will be required to work on specialised content platforms, e.g. XML (training will be provided)
- meticulous attention to detail in the presentation and delivery of work and of written English
- professional attitude
- able to work alone and within a team
- must be self-motivated
- understanding of publishing procedures
- understanding of the standards making process and the roles of standards bodies, such as BSI, CENELEC and IEC.
Apply for Electrical Standards Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly