Project Manager for Automotive Advanced Development
Project Manager for Automotive Advanced Development specializing in Powertrain Systems and Thermal Management at Pierburg GmbH in Neuss, Germany
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Setting up and professionally managing a team to build up system expertise in conventional and electrified automotive drive trains
- Managing the projects with powertrain and thermal management content
- Acting as the interface to the internal stakeholders and external customers
- Supporting to define strategic objectives and future development priorities
- Being responsible for achieving the project targets in terms of content, timing and budget
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Masters / Dipl.-Ing. in Engineering (Dipl.-Ing. or MSc from a technical university)
- Deep knowledge of automotive drive trains and expertise in the development of mechatronic components
- Successful project manager with a strong team focus
- At least seven years of professional experience in the automotive industry
(OEM or Tier 1) and three years of experience managing interdisciplinary development projects
- Experience with vehicle tests and calibration
- Excellent communication skills and persuasiveness
- Ability to work independently and in a structured way
- Interdisciplinary thinking beyond individual specialist areas and a willingness to participate in active knowledge exchange
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, basic knowledge in German desired
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Opportunity to build an innovative team in the international automotive sector
- Working on major future topics such as electrification and CO2 reduction
- Opportunity to work alongside experts from various departments to develop and implement new product ideas
WHO WE ARE
Pierburg is synonymous with expertise and innovation in the area of emissions and consumption reduction, whether it be for exhaust gas recirculation systems, valves, actuators, pumps, or thermal and fluid control. The company’s customers include every leading automobile manufacturer around the world. It provides them with engineering solutions for current and future drive systems. Pierburg GmbH is a Rheinmetall Automotive AG company.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of mobility and security. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.