Examiners in Electrical and Electronic Technology
Meet Our Examiners
Join Europe's second largest international organisation
Are you an engineer or scientist interested in joining an international team of highly qualified staff at the forefront of technology? Do you want to see the latest inventions?
Then this professional opportunity is the right one for you!
Our patent examiners are drawn from over 30 different European countries. They work at the cutting edge of technology, analysing the latest inventions in all kinds of technical fields in order to protect and promote innovation in Europe. Their daily work combines scientific expertise with analytical research and an eye for the legal aspects of intellectual property.
We are currently seeking engineers and scientists in the field of electrical and electronic technology to work in Munich or The Hague on at least one of the following subjects:
- Power electronics
- Electronic housings
- Printed Circuit Boards
- Amplifiers, PLLs, Tuning Circuits
- Semiconductor memories
If you have a Master's degree in physics, chemistry, engineering or natural sciences, a good working knowledge of at least two of our official languages (English, French and German) and the willingness to learn the third, you too could be part of our team of patent examiners in Munich or The Hague.
- Varied and interesting work requiring scientific expertise, analytical thinking and an interest in technology and intellectual property law, in a modern and truly international environment
- A continuous training programme to develop your knowledge of the EPO's search tools, your technical knowledge and your legal expertise in intellectual property
- A competitive salary and an excellent social package
The net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy ranges from EUR 5 317.77 to 7 575.35, depending on experience. In addition, depending on their personal circumstances, EPO staff may be entitled to relocation benefits and various allowances (e.g. household, dependant's, childcare, education, expatriation, installation and rent allowance).
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes.
Apply now for our selection events
Submit your application today. Upon successful completion of one or more Skype interviews, you will be invited to participate in our selection event in Munich or The Hague, lasting one to two days in January or February 2018.
Apply before 15 November through the 'Apply' button.