Chief Engineer, Commercial Cyber Solutions & Head Of Engineering
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering for Raytheon UK, The Chief Engineer – Commercial Cyber Solutions & Head of Engineering will be responsible for the assurance of engineering execution of all aspects across a range of programmes spanning our Commercial Cyber Business. Providing support to ensure flawless delivery of our engineering commitments to our customers. The successful candidate will be expected to put their considerable experience to use in the delivery of on contract programmes and support to new business development, engaging with commercial customers and cross functional stakeholders and to manage expectations and deliver results. In addition, 25% of the role will be as Head of Engineering across C&I providing leadership to the Programme Engineering Managers to ensure the development of, and delivery of, functional strategic plans.
• Leading technical and engineering teams in developing solutions across the Cyber Solutions portfolio, providing programme engineering oversight, engineering direction and engineering governance is in place across the Cyber Solutions portfolio
• The monitoring of programme technical risks and assistance in the formulation of risk mitigation strategies
• Interfacing with Raytheon US Engineering Leadership to ensure the adoption of best practice and corporate standards
• Working closely with the Cyber Solutions programme leadership to develop strategic direction of the Cyber Solutions portfolio.
• Providing senior Engineering leadership for the response to PQQs and ITTs within the Cyber Solutions portfolio
• Build and sustain relationships with customers; understand and communicate their priorities
• Apply extensive knowledge of technical capabilities and domain knowledge across the Raytheon UK enterprise to enhance our performance
• Provide technical direction for proposed solutions, including optimum approaches to development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing, documentation, supplier specifications and SOWs
• Support peer reviews and colour team reviews on other programs
• Line management of Deputy and Techincal Directorate
• Oversee and approve the engineering aspects of all business capture/bid activities for Intelligence & Security.
• Ensure all Engineering top level Engineering Plans are appropriately reviewed and adhered to.
• Degree in a relevant science, technology or engineering discipline or equivalent education and experience.
• Significant experience in the Cyber Security Environment.
• Strong ICT background and proven track record in engineering execution, managing client engagements, and have served in key technical and management leadership positions.
• Established technical experience delivering major, complex programmes, and in particular, direct experience of technical delivery of complex Information Technology (IT) programmes.
• Proven success integrating efforts and products from major subcontractors
• Experience interfacing directly with customers and management teams including conducting briefings and technical meetings for management and customer representatives
• A comprehensive understanding of security architecture, security engineering solutions, deployments and accreditation
• Proven success as a Chief Engineer and /or engineering leader and proven experience in a related whole lifecycle Systems Engineering role developing complex systems solutions within a Cyber Security environment
• Comprehensive understanding of risk management, including the use of Risk Management tools and techniques
• Comprehensive understanding and experience in the formulation and implementation of an Integrated Test, Evaluation and Acceptance strategy and plan
• Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated experience working effectively in matrix environment including working collaboratively with multiple teams across agencies and physical locations
• Strong communication skills, written, oral and listening skills; strong business acumen and diverse business perspective; ability to think logically and strategically
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and independently with individuals at various levels including the leadership team, customers, and suppliers.
• Solid understanding of Systems Engineering Industry Best Practices and other business processes
• Understanding of Earned Value Management Techniques and the application of EVMS within a Project delivery life cycle
• Knowledge of virtualised systems;
• Knowledge of defence intelligence systems and networks
• Knowledge of information or knowledge management solutions
• Experience of working with UK military and government agencies and familiarity with UK Ministry of Defence policies and acquisition processes.
• Demonstrated experience managing all technical aspects an Engineering Life-Cycle from Requirements definition to disposal for MoD/HMG projects
• Knowledge of IMINT and SIGINT/ELINT, COMINT, MASINT, OSINT, HUMINT and the analysis of the data and information ·
• Knowledge of security aspects and solutions Knowledge of systems requirements management and object based design decomposition methodology and tools
• Knowledge of in-service support/service operations
25 days holiday + statutory holidays, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Flexible Benefits, Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website via the Apply button and search for Req ID: 95266BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.