QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us Secure Today and Shape Tomorrow.
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ provides Subject Matter Expertise in support of the development and provision of new and upgraded mission systems capabilities within the Air and Joint C2 domains. Primarily working in defence we have several roles available across varying levels of experience, within our Mission Systems domain. These include expertise in on-platform systems, mission planning, support systems, and interoperability which will ensure the UK’s capability both now and in the future.
Experience in all or some of the following:
• Developing or operating complex mission systems including on-platform systems, mission planning, support systems and interoperability systems.
• Using a system-of-systems approach or methodology.
• Assessing performance through data and statistical analysis.
• Innovative thinking and novel approaches to analysis techniques.
• Adapting and applying knowledge to unfamiliar domains.
• Development of tools and models to improve efficiency and answer complex problems.
• The production or use of mission data.
• Mission planning system development or operation.
Knowledge of some or all of the following:
• Engineering design, implementation processes and methodologies.
• Simulation, operational analysis and synthetic environments.
• Sensor fusion and management.
• Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
• Neural Networks.
• Communication systems and techniques including datalinks.
• Mission planning techniques and data sources.
• Scripting and programming (e.g. MATLAB).
We have a number of vacancies available in this area hence the grading of successful candidates will be determined in accordance with and in alignment to skills and experience.
• Degree in a science, engineering or mathematical subject or able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
• Candidates should be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve SC and/or DV clearance as required. Due to this there may be certain projects where we will not be able to accept Dual Nationals.
• Innovative Self-starter with the ability to use initiative.
• Offer solutions to problems.
• Ability to lead and motivate others while being an enthusiastic team player.
• Evidence of delivering great results.
• Strong risk awareness & quality conscious.
• Ability to follow processes and procedures.
• Present a good impression of a QinetiQ professional.
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:-
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants , 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working , Social and family events
• Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club , Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance , Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
Please click the Apply button which will take you to our careers page where you can find out more about us, the role and apply.