We are looking for an experienced C&I Technician to join us at our Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station, near Nottingham
What we offer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits.
Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
Located near Nottingham, we generate power from four 500 MW units, utilising a mix of conventional and state-of-the-art technology to help meet the energy demands of the UK. Our current role is moving away from traditional bulk energy supply. We operate to help National Grid stabilise the national system through frequency and voltage regulation, ensuring power is available to maintain security of supply. Playing our part in the transition to a low carbon economy is something we are proud of. We look to do this at the lowest sustainable cost to the consumer, whilst helping to ensure the integrity of the grid system.
This vacancy is for a Control & Instrumentation Technician with a practical aptitude who will contribute proactively to the delivery of planned, condition based and breakdown maintenance works using hands-on skills and maintenance contract management.
We are looking for people who can bring a flexible, enthusiastic approach, are highly self-motivated, conscientious and can demonstrate ownership of issues through to the implementation of solutions.
How we work
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration.
This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
What we are looking for
- Providing technical assistance to the C&I Maintenance Engineer in the development and delivery of strategies for planned Maintenance & Shutdowns, taking responsibility for nominated areas of the plans and driving the quality of delivered works.
- Analysis of plant issues and performance to provide recommendations to the C&I Maintenance Engineer to identify, support and assist in engineering improvement projects.
- Management of Calibration/Maintenance records and documentation to ensure accurate records to support the maintenance strategies.
- Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance, in line with skill and expertise, on industrial instrumentation, modulating actuators, CEM gas & water analysers, DCS, PLCs, HMIs, etc.
- Contract management skills and experience to manage contract work packages and appropriately challenge contractors on the methods, quality and standards of work.
- Assist with budget planning and optimising a delegated spend.
- Manage the site stock holding of consumables, operational and strategic spares for C&I plant and apparatus.
- Support and mentor apprentices and junior members of staff to develop future talent.
- Actively contribute to the site HSSE plan and safety initiatives.
Who we are seeking
- HNC or equivalent along with significant experience in general engineering principles with expertise in Control & Instrumentation.
- IOSH (Managing Safely) or equivalent Health and Safety qualification demonstrating a clear knowledge of safety practices and management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build effective working relationships with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels.
- Planning and organisational skills to include effective task prioritisation and resource management.
- Ability to deliver the role whilst demonstrating flexibility, initiative and high levels of self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial and financial effects of plant operation.
- Computer literate, competent in the use and application of key PC based computer systems and maintenance/information management systems, preferably SAP™.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial / financial awareness in day-to-day activities.
- Contract Management skills and experience to appropriately challenge contractors on the methods, quality and standards of work.
- Knowledge of compliance with EN14181 “Stationary source emissions - Quality assurance of automated measuring systems”
- A sound understanding and knowledge of control and instrumentation maintenance within large scale industrial plant and ideally power plant will be considered a distinct advantage.
Get in touch
For more information please have a look at our careers site via the Apply button.
Uniper is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.