Configuration Management Lead
Configuration Management Lead
An opportunity to lead the configuration management team made up of senior configuration engineers, other engineers and support staff – providing advice and guidance in evolving the configuration management system.
- Engineering management of the Configuration Management team in line with the above.
- Assuming the role of Configuration Management SME, demonstrating a depth and breadth of knowledge in this area, you will need to coordinate work which may extend beyond your own area of expertise; taking note of the constraints that the adjacent engineering areas will bring.
- Manage the Documentation and maintaining of a configuration management (CM) concept that spans the complete development cycle that supports the use of Agile Methodology
- Manage the team to deliver the CM requirements against the overall CM plan for the programme.
- Looking beyond the immediate solution to the wider implications and generate and update policy that meets future needs and standards
- Setting the strategy for the adoption of PDM Link and developing a plan.
- Leading the adoption of PDM link within the programme in accordance with the plan.
- You will be accountable for quality of work delivered by external suppliers, as well as the internal team and provide coaching to others in area of Configuration Management.
- Assists in the development and implementation of customer feedback in
- Anticipates client needs, investigates the underlying causes and identifies short- and long- term solutions.
- Anticipates client business issues and developments in Configuration Management and uses knowledge to focus work and drive improvements.
- May work as Account Manager and manage costs and profitability across the Configuration Management project/work activity.
- Explains/presents ideas to complex problems and anticipates potential objections and prepares potential solutions whilst being able to influence others
- Seeks out new avenues for building internal and external relationships; maintains on-going contacts with existing relationships; coaches others on relationship management issues.
- Experience of managing Configuration Management teams of different level of engineers
- Breadth of experience in a role that demonstrates technical leadership and application of system engineering skills with a track record of delivery.
- Demonstrates understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and phases
- Extensive hands-on working experience of configuration management within a systems engineering Technology Company.
- Experienced CM practitioner in all hardware and software CM related disciplines, including Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting, CM Audits, Baseline Management, Software Configuration Management, CM database requirements and as-built management.
- Experience of the application and use of PDMLink tool.
- Experience of managing setup and application of a CM process across multiple sites and stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of configuration management activities pertaining to identification, change control, accounting and auditing in accordance with established company procedures and program configuration management plans.
- Ability to read/understand technical documentation and analyse to a degree sufficient to support CM activities
- Fairly strong understanding of system level CM requirements
- High quality standards and ability to raise risks, issues accordingly
- Ability to perform within a multi-functional programme team comprising both company staff and the customer.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multi-functional teams and businesses dealing with software and hardware products.
- Demonstrates understanding of the system/product engineering lifecycle and phases
- Confident and effective dealing with Customers and End Users
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.