System Engineer – Bowman Tactical C4i
General Dynamics UK is looking for engineers to be part of an exciting new programme for the Ministry of Defence that will modernise the existing tactical mobile network for the British Armed Forces. The programme delivers new capability and performance of the computing, communications and situational awareness for the soldier.
The programme will develop and deliver a new system based on an open tactical CIS architecture that integrates existing and new communication products. The system includes specification and procurement of software and hardware products as well as development of new hardware and software products and software interfaces to open up the existing tactical CIS system to support reduced integration effort and cost while enabling the system for future evolution with new technology and capability.
In order to deliver the TP programme GDMS have adopted an Agile Methodology in the form of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) and is applying it across the whole system and product development lifecycle. This is as a step change approach from traditional waterfall delivery model designed to enable continuous delivery and validation of solutions, with flexibility to respond to changing customer requirements, foster innovation and promote collaborative working between team and Customer stakeholders based on shared interest, values and goals.
The role is for an experienced Bowman/Tactical C4I systems engineer to contribute to the specification, design and development, validation of solutions for EvO
- Experience with development of Bowman systems, including computers, network infrastructure, platform integration, applications, radios, system management
- Experienced with engineering methods and tools for requirements management, architecture definition, design elaboration, verification & validation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as motivation, integrity, professionalism, flexibility, commitment and innovation
- Familiarity with all aspects of systems delivery including Safety, Security, Human Factors, Training, Support considerations
- Experience in using the SAFe / Agile methodologies for systems or software development
- Practical experience of product and system integration testing including planning, running tests, managing defects, investigating issues in target environments, and test report writing.
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools: DOORs, PTC Integrity Modeller, IBM Rational Rhapsody, RTC, RQM
Relevant degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or IT discipline or equivalent wide range of relevant experience