Principal Configuration Engineer
We seek a highly skilled Configuration Engineer whose primary role is to manage delivery of Configuration engineering activities in a professional manner, and to provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to engineers.
- To deliver Configuration engineering best practice and optimized Configuration engineering solutions into IPT's to meet requirements, at optimized cost.
- Provide technical guidance, leadership and technical direction.
- Development and coaching of engineers in terms of technical understanding, leadership, and simultaneous engineering within IPTs.
- Set standards for behaviours, technical leadership and quality of Configuration Engineering Management and Project Data Control.
- To provide Product Data and Configuration Management support across assigned projects in accordance with company processes to ensure that Configuration standard is maintained and applicable project milestones are achieved.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Configuration Audit.
- Point of contact for all Configuration Management on allocated aspects of the programme.
- Tool set specific Configuration Management (Team center PDM).
- Management of Delivery Milestones.
- Master Record Index.
- Manufacturing Data Packs.
- Change Board Management.
- CMP Maintenance.
- Change Control.
- As Built Records
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Excellent understanding of the 5 key elements of Configuration Management: Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Audit.
- Configuration Management experience in the Defence Industry
- Excellent Knowledge of Configuration Management DEF STAN 05-57.
- Knowledge of EIA-649-B and NATO STANAG 4159 an advantage.
- IT literate – Use of Excel, Word and a Product Management Tool essential, preferably Team centre and SAP.
- Meticulous Record Keeping
- Experience of Customer and Supplier Audit an advantage.
- Process Improvement experience/qualification (Lean Six Sigma etc.)
- Good communication skills.
- Technical leadership & motivation of others – get most from people through effective leadership & empowerment.
- Delegation –ability to effectively delegate tasks to appropriate people and provide required level of support. Regularly monitor progress to ensure successful delivery.
- Business Awareness – understanding of fundamental business principles, drivers and key customers.
- Office-based role
- Display screen equipment user
- Occasional travel within the UK and Europe
- Tight Deadlines (regular or ad-hoc)
- Overnight Stays
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, you must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
To apply for this vacancy, please upload your current CV using the CV loading tool below. We look forward to hearing from you!
More searches like this
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager