BioAtlantis Ltd. (est. 2004) is a Kerry-based biotechnology company specializing in the manufacture of products for modulating defense, immunity, microbiota and performance in crop biostimulant and monogastric health markets. We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Engineer who will develop systems and processes for our new production facility in Tralee.
Duties & responsibilities
• Project manage the installation of mechanical equipment, pipework and valve systems in a new facility.
• Liaise with regulatory authorities to ensure installation meet legal and planning requirements.
• Production of detailed schematics.
• Work with quality control, service and manufacturing departments in the design of processes that ensure product quality meet the requirements of HACCP.
• Liaise with Suppliers on new machines and components as required.
• Liaise with electrical engineering functions in the company to develop systems that allow for full automation control.
• Review existing processes to improve productivity and reduce manufacturing costs.
• Troubleshooting problems and optimize plant performance.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Qualified mechanical/chemical engineer.
• Project management and control.
• Ability with autocad is essential and use of solid works is advantageous.
• Person with both mechanical and automation capabilities will be considered favourably.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Manage the revision of drawings to produce the as built drawings.
• Minimum of 3 years design experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Ideally experience in the food, pharma, process industry sectors
Please upload your CV and covering letter below by the 15th March, 2018.