Senior Server Engineer/Architect
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
QinetiQ provides support, advice and assistance for developing world-class solutions to complex and challenging Network and Communications problems. This includes providing end-to-end analysis and solutions for a wide variety of CIS, Communications and Network requirements working mainly in the defence environment. We have a range of roles to offer across all levels of experience for Network, CIS and Communications Engineers and Solution Architects and are seeking talented people who can influence the development of current and next generation systems.
Supporting the technical delivery of secure end to end IT solutions in a multi-bearer, mobile environment from high level design to delivery and transition to service.
• Delivering IT solutions, by taking existing design documents and building and testing to the required specification
• Supporting Detailed design documentation for specific aspects
• Independently create and run testing schedules
• Working with other parts of the business and customer or subcontractors to integrate technology into solution
• Able to ensure documentation is clear and concise and appropriate to the project
• Able to identify and resolve technical issues and problems in a timely manner
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience in deploying and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
• Working experience in implementing lock downs based on Microsoft Group Policy Objects and Group Policy Preference Extensions
• Working experience with virtualisation technology, especially VMware or HyperV
• Experience of IT systems integration;
• Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs
• Candidates will hold a STEM degree or equivalent experience and Windows Server certifications
• Degree in a science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable equivalent experience.
• Candidates should be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve SC and/or DV clearance as required. Due to this there may be certain projects where we will not be able to accept Dual Nationals.
• Innovative Self-starter able to show initiative.
• Offers solutions to problems.
• Able to lead and motivate others while being an enthusiastic team player.
• Evidence in delivering great results.
• Strong risk awareness & quality conscious.
• Able to follow processes and procedures.
• Present a good impression of a QinetiQ professional.
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:-
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants , 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working , Social and family events
• Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club , Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance , Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
If you would like to find out more and apply for this exciting opportunity click Apply below.
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager