Application Support Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
This position will provide support for all applications and services hosted on the CDRS (Central Data Repository System) platform that supports multiple GD programs.
You will have the opportunity to be responsible for the overall management, security, testing and maintenance of all applications hosted via the Defence Portal. You will be an essential part of the Information Systems and Services Team.
You will work closely with the Sustainment Manager and 3rd parties to ensure applications are effectively managed, maintained, secure and highly available.
• Provide 1st/2nd line support for applications in line with SLA’s
• Monitor and resolution of all calls in the service desk system
• Provide remote support to users (both technical and training)
• Manning the application support phone
• Provide cover on a rota basis
• Ensuring security protocols and processes are enforced and effectively managed
• Carry out fault replication and testing on support environments
• Creation on knowledge base articles, FAQ’s and supporting customer documentation
• Building relationships with 3rd party application vendors
• Change and release management on support and live environments
• Provide support to DBA’s with data tasks
• Software license and asset management
• Testing and documentation of new software releases
• Continual maintenance and development of all process and procedural documentation
• Monitoring performance of the CDRS platform and applications
• Provide input into regular reports for management
• Demonstrable experience working in a support environment
• Experience of application support
• Familiar with Citrix, Terminal server and Active Directory
• Oracle SQL skills, knowledge of Oracle Unified Directory and Identity Middleware
• Be able to demonstrate good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Be able to demonstrate high levels of motivation, integrity and professionalism
• Be able to demonstrate flexibility, commitment and innovation
• Be able to demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience working within a Defence delivery environment
• An understanding of SIAM and ITIL methodologies
• Knowledge of ERP systems
• Knowledge of Oracle Databases and configuration
GDUK offer a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.