BAT is seeking a Fabrication Engineer, with experience in the development of Consumer Electronic goods from initial design through to serial production, to ensure the continuing introduction of innovative and inspiring Next Generation Products to market.
Location: Southampton – with international travel
Our Next Generation Products are radical, in demand and here to stay. From Vype to glo, each sensational smoking alternative depends on outstanding people in Operations and R&D. Our engineers are the brains behind turning initial concepts into a commercially viable, consumer product needs by defining these in technical brief that delivers the next great product. So whether you see yourself as a game-changer, a ground-breaker or a potential problem-solver, this is where you’ll be able to be all three.
What we offer;
- A truly international experience (people, projects, opportunities)
- A rich and diverse environment (Global presence, Global reach of your work, multicultural)
- Be part of a successful winning business and team
- Be part of a dynamic, changing environment - constantly striving to achieve great things - we constantly push ourselves
- Opportunities for professional stretch and challenge - achieve the remarkable
- Personal attention - we invest as much in our people as our brands
- Opportunity to develop as a commercial business leader
- Open minded people and business
- Very attractive compensation package
This agile, fast-moving environment feels like a start-up with the backing of an established multinational business. It’s your chance to push the boundaries in a new sector of consumer tech. There’s also the opportunity to network and be seen, and grow a career that could take you all over the world.
Whilst BAT’s traditional products have largely been manufactured internally, the NGP category includes many electronic components and devices that are sourced externally.
- Ensure commercial supply capability for Vaping / Tobacco consumables and heating devices via external manufacturing and assembly partners
- Reviewing prototype designs for consumables & devices to ensure that the design and associated manufacturing processes met or exceed business expectations for safety cost of goods, commercial manufacturing and scalability without compromising the consumer offer.
- Providing input from a manufacturing perspective to Procurement in Supplier Selection – including identifying key technical requirements for external manufacturing / assembly partners.
- Ensure external manufacturing / assemble capability is in place, inclusive of all elements required to validate that the product / process is as per the supplied Specifications, Quality Control Plan and capacity required.
- Research & Development
- External Manufacturing / Assembly Partner
- External Technical Consultants
- Supply Chain
- Next Generation Product (Operations)
Having held technical engineering positions in FMCG, automotive, telecoms or electronic equipment manufacturing
Engineering degree in Mechanical / Engineering Materials / Manufacturing
- 5 years + experience in fabrication / plastic moulding development engineering role
- Hands on experience in plastic component design and evaluation for small electronic consumer goods
- In depth knowledge of moulding and fabrication techniques that provide housing and functionality i.e. buttons, location mechanisms, insulation and cosmetic characteristics
- Strong analytical skills in design problem solving for both process and products
- Ability to articulate project plans, risk assessments and other control document for the work that they will be accountable for.
- Experienced in working with a range of suppliers across a broad range of technical processes that could include external mould suppliers, parts manufacture and mechanical function components suppliers, as well as management of other external contractors
- Ability to interface with other technical leads such as Research and Development, plastic moulding, software developers etc
- Experience in supplier validation systems and processes.
- Experience of regulatory compliance requirements for electronic consumer products
- Ability to manage relationships with internal customers/stakeholders (e.g. R&D, quality, NGP Operations).
- High degree of personal resilience, drive and flexibility.
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience in working with cross functional teams in a global organisation
- Preferred Companies with whom experience has been gained: Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Siemens, Toshiba, Packard Bell, Apple, IBM, General Electric, Hewlett Packard, Hitachi, Sony, Philips, Bosh, Mitsubishi, Huawei, Dell, Fujitsu, Intel, Nokia, Johnson Controls, Ericson, Schneider Electric, Lenovo, Flextronics, Honeywell
More searches like this
- Design Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electronics Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Quality Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Safety Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer