Manufacturing Capability Manager
BAT is seeking a senior resource, with experience in the development of Consumer Electronic goods from initial design through to serial production, to ensure the continuing introduction of innovative and inspiring Next Generation Products to market.
Location: London / Southampton – with international travel
Our Next Generation Products are radical, in demand and here to stay. From Vype to glo, each sensational smoking alternative depends on outstanding people in Operations and R&D. Our engineers are the brains behind turning initial concepts into a commercially viable consumer product by defining these needs in a technical brief and working with external supplier partners to deliver the next great product. So whether you see yourself as a game-changer, a ground-breaker or a potential problem-solver, this is where you’ll be able to be all three.
What we offer;
- A truly international experience (people, projects, opportunities)
- A rich and diverse environment (Global presence, Global reach of your work, multicultural)
- Be part of a successful winning business and team
- Be part of a dynamic, changing environment - constantly striving to achieve great things - we constantly push ourselves
- Opportunities for professional stretch and challenge - achieve the remarkable
- Personal attention - we invest as much in our people as our brands
- Opportunity to develop as a commercial business leader
- Open minded people and business
- Very attractive compensation package
This agile, fast-moving environment feels like a start-up with the backing of an established multinational business. It’s your chance to push the boundaries in a new sector of consumer tech. There’s also the opportunity to network and be seen, and grow a career that could take you all over the world.
Whilst BAT’s traditional products have largely been manufactured internally, the NGP category includes many electronic components and devices that are sourced externally.
- Ensure commercial supply capability for Vaping / Tobacco Heating Devices and Consumables via external manufacturing and assembly partners
- Ensuring that the product Design and associated manufacturing processes are designed to meet or exceed business expectations for Cost of Goods, commercial manufacturing and scalability without compromising the consumer offer. Providing input from a manufacturing perspective to Procurement in Supplier Selection – including identifying key technical requirements and Ways of Working (process’) for external manufacturing / assembly partners. Ensure external manufacturing / assemble capability is in place, inclusive of all elements required to validate that the product / process is as per the supplied Specifications, the Quality Control Plan and the capacity required.
- Research & Development
- External Manufacturing / Assembly Partner
- External Technical Consultants
- Supply Chain
- Next Generation Products (NGP) Operations
Having held senior positions in FMCG, automotive, telecoms or electronic equipment manufacturing
BSc Engineering degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing
- 5 years + experience in a senior management position
- Experience in the design, development and deployment of new products
- Strong analytical skills in design problem solving for both process and products
- Experienced in management of suppliers across a broad range of technical processes that could include electronics, batteries, plastics injection moulders, assemblers etc. as well as management of other external contractors
- Strong and demonstrable network of external prototyping partners in electronics, plastic moulding and Quality Control systems
- Experience in supplier product validation systems and processes.
- Experience of regulatory compliance requirements for electronic consumer products
- Ability to manage relationships with internal customers/stakeholders (e.g. R&D, NGP Operations, Quality).
- High degree of personal resilience, drive and flexibility.
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience in working with cross functional teams in a global organisation