Senior Project Assurance Engineer
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
In the UK, Leonardo operates from 6 main sites (Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton, Southampton and Yeovil) employing around 7,000 highly skilled people, 67% of whom hold highly skilled positions. The company makes a significant contribution to the UK economy with revenues of over £2bn, around 50% of which are in export. Our products and capabilities range from manufacturing world-leading helicopters, the design and integration of radars, avionics and advanced targeting systems, the provision of secure communications and cyber security solutions through to development of cutting-edge optronics that sees us support sectors as diverse as defence, documentaries and sports.
Senior Project Assurance Engineer
Job Description and Skills
To provide Assurance support throughout relevant phases of the Product Life cycle that covers the design, manufacture, support and maintenance of Aircraft components including External Supply Chain management.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Contribute in delivering Equipment and Processes to Specification and Internal or Customer Requirements.
- To provide "Project Quality" support to Project Managers in assuring planned Project Milestones are logical, managed and delivered.
- Reporting, Analysis and maintenance of Quality Failure Incidences to closure.
- Ensure all customer requirements are satisfied by means of effective advanced quality planning and pro-active assurance engagement.
- Ensure product and process verification and validation are completed.
- Influence design quality by applying pro-active design assurance.
- Manage internal and customer FAV, FCA / PCA reviews and formal customer communications.
- Ensure supplier issues and developments are managed to a conclusion.
- Manage product release and build standard reconciliation.
- Support Project Manager in ensuring risks and opportunities are managed to conclusion.
- Manage QA aspects of Product / System Qualification programmes where required.
- Undertake and manage risk based product and project internal audits.
- Verify key customer milestone requirements are achieved.
- Assure compliance to relevant Air, Land and Naval Military Regulations.
- Support Business Processes including, but not limited to: Lifecycle Reviews, including Design (PDR), Implementation (CDR), Test (TRR) and Release.
- Configuration Management including Change Control and Implementation Boards.
- Take responsibility for their career development, work with line managers and task managers to identify and achieve objectives.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- A Bachelor's Degree [or equivalent] in Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing or experience in Defence Electronics or similarly "complex" industry.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in Governance, AS9100 / ISO9001 and Continuous improvement.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge in applying Quality Tools such as Root Cause Corrective Action, DMAIC, Process Mapping.
- Be a logical thinker, capable of harvesting complex data into actions with practical solutions that support business goals, in 'the language of the business'.
- Have good interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style across all functions of the business.
- Detailed knowledge of specific processes and detailed understanding of the business area.
- Able to demonstrate a range of organisational skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to identify and solve complex problems.
- Confidence and ability to challenge / respond to challenges on Quality Assurance issues.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in working with Customers and Suppliers.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, and colleagues in and outside the Quality Function.
- Own problems, and develop appropriate and timely solutions.
- Display initiative as an effective team member within the Project Team and within the Quality Function.
- Coach / supervise / develop others (e.g. graduates, placement and work-experience students).
- Working to tight deadlines either on a regular or ad hoc basis will be required. Extensive travel within the UK with some travel abroad will be required.
At Leonardo, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees. Our benefits include:
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Generous relocation package: We offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
If you believe you have the knowledge and experience to enhance our team, and would value the opportunity of working in a flexible and supportive environment across a variety of exciting domains, please upload your CV and cover letter below, once submitted your application is sent directly to the Leonardo HR Team.
You can email Kay Alexander the HR Manager for this role for an informal discussion - firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Clearance requirements – please consider before applying
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
More searches like this
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager