Senior Project Planner
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
In the UK, Leonardo operates from 6 main sites (Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton, Southampton and Yeovil) employing around 7,000 highly skilled people, 67% of whom hold highly skilled positions. The company makes a significant contribution to the UK economy with revenues of over £2bn, around 50% of which are in export. Our products and capabilities range from manufacturing world-leading helicopters, the design and integration of radars, avionics and advanced targeting systems, the provision of secure communications and cyber security solutions through to development of cutting-edge optronics that sees us support sectors as diverse as defence, documentaries and sports.
Senior Project Planner
The Senior Project planner works within the integrated project team (IPT) to provide :
- Maintenance of integrated project plan and work package interdependencies.
- Analysis and control of costs and schedule.
- Contribution to qualitative and quantitative risk management process.
- Performance measurement (particularly Earned value management).
- Resource scheduling and levelling.
- Adherence to planning standards across the integrated plan work packages.
- Scheduling of the Integrated Project Plan for execution (both pre and post contract).
- Co-ordination of development of Execution Plan Estimates from Work.
- Package Managers planners and estimators.
- Baseline project plan following Contract Acceptance – creation of BCWC baselines.
- Release of project plan for execution.
- Control of release status of execution project plans and Work Packages.
- Consolidation of project costs.
- Re-scheduling the Integrated Project Plan as required from project review, manufacturing schedule simulation.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Project Control.
- Resource Management.
- Cost Analysis.
- Risk Management.
- Performance Management in including EVA.
- Schedule management.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Good understanding of critical path & network planning.
- Experience in cost control.
- Familiar with SAP PS.
- Understanding of MRP systems.
- Degree qualified or equivalent work experience/track record
- Working in an open plan office environment.
- Working as part of IPT (integrated project team).
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Occasional (monthly or less) travel to other Leonardo sites.
- Display screen equipment user
At Leonardo, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees. Our benefits include:
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Generous relocation package: We offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
If you believe you have the knowledge and experience to enhance our team, and would value the opportunity of working in a flexible and supportive environment across a variety of exciting domains, please upload your CV and cover letter below, once submitted your application is sent directly to the Leonardo HR Team.
You can email Kay Alexander the HR Manager for this role for an informal discussion - firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Clearance requirements – please consider before applying
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
More searches like this
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager