Electronics Engineering and Software and Controls Engineering Graduate Scheme
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 2 year Electronics Engineering Programme or Software and Controls Engineering Programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. You will be an integral part of our Engineering Team, using strong first principles to overcome challenges throughout the Hybrid Power Unit’s lifecycle.
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our graduates with a rotation plan which will provide exposure to a breadth of engineering within Formula 1. In addition to this, we are also leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One”. To do this, dependant on your background and qualifications, we offer time spent in the following areas;
- Performance and Controls Software; work on the control of the Hybrid Power Unit - from low level embedded software development through to higher level control architecture and hybrid system arbitration
- Electronics Product Engineering; work on the component and system design of the Hybrid Power Unit. You will experience a wide range of electronic technologies from high speed digital to high voltage engineering, owning the design, development, manufacture and testing of complex, high technology products
- Test Systems; experience how we mimic the environment of the race track and the road, and test the capability of the component, sub-assembly or full engine to support in the development
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Research and Development centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of Formula 1’s best engineers. You will get the opportunity to engineer solutions in world class facilities and, having been thoroughly proven at our Technology Centre, see your ideas raced in F1. You will also have the opportunity to work towards chartered status with the IMechE via our MPDS registered scheme and will be assigned a personal mentor who will support you throughout.
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £33,000pa
- Performance bonus
- Podium bonus based on F1 results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You’ll have a 2.1 degree, or above, in a relevant Electrical / Electronics Engineering / Software Engineering or related degree
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level, or equivalent disciplines, for example Maths or Sciences
- An excellent understanding of engineering first principles
- Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation, adaptability and creativity
The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills
What to do next:
- Submit your on-line application and CV
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre which will take place between March – May 2018
- If successful the scheme will start on Monday 3rd September 2018
All hiring will be complete by the end of May 2018. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.