Network Programme Manager: Electronic & Semiconductor, Software & Systems
Reporting to the TechWorks Chief Executive, the Network Manager has responsibility for the continuing development of our current network and future member attraction in the semiconductor and electronic system design space.
The role is to engage with members, understand their interests and develop an engaging program of work. It is likely that this will involve delivering events, facilitating member projects and communicating updates so that the network is valued and delivers both tangible, and intangible benefits.
A significant degree of business travel is expected as the organisation is based on strong personal relationships. Most travel is within the UK with occasional international trips.
Whilst the individual we are looking for should have a technical background (preferably in electronics), it is not necessary to be a subject-matter expert. This is a unique role which requires a blend of technical ability, charisma, enthusiasm and a solutions mind-set to ensure member satisfaction.
TechWorks is a new type of organisation at the core of the UK deep tech community with an ambition to harness the nation’s fantastic engineering and innovative capability and develop the UK’s position as a global technology super-power.
The mission is exciting, requires a passion for making a difference and offers great rewards. TechWorks is a member organisation that has evolved with technology and industry interests over time. Its origins are in semiconductor manufacturing when TechWorks was first established as the National Microelectronics Institute in 1996 but its interests also cover a rich variety of deep technology sectors from Power, to Automotive Electronics to IoT and others.
Due to growth within the organisation, we now have an opening for a Network Programme Manager to take responsibility for elements of our Electronic and Semiconductor Software & Systems Community.
Areas of Responsibility
- Engage with organisations involved in Electronic System Design understanding their interests and business challenges. Existing and specific areas include electronic product design, chip design and power semiconductors.
- Develop a program of work that is highly valued and engaging across the membership
- Seek opportunities to communicate and market the profile of the industry
- Maintain and drive growth through new member recruitment, sponsorship and funded projects
- Deliver other TechWorks initiatives as required to deliver the TechWorks mission.
1. Sound understanding of Electronic Systems and Design
2. Ability to digest and analyse written and verbal information shaping a compelling value-proposition
3. Highly-organised, enthusiastic self-starter and a good team-worker
4. Excellent inter-personal skills with an ability to comfortably engage members and stakeholders in individual or group situations demonstrating high levels or personal credibility
5. Clear and confident communicator.
- Reporting to the TechWorks Chief Executive, working alongside the TechWorks team throughout the UK
- Working with individual member organisations to establish strong personal relationships and support
- Engage a “Steering Board” that represents industry interests and guides program development
- Work with the TechWorks team on events, projects and marketing
- Work with partners and stakeholders on initiatives that improve sector capability to help the UK remain competitive within the global ecosystem
The role covers a membership base across the UK and Ireland. As such, the location is flexible and dependent on the successful candidate. The working arrangement could involve working from home or a local office established in the vicinity of the employee
Terms and Conditions
- Salary in the range of £35k to £40k PA
- Permanent position, 37.5 hour working week
- 5-day week
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of national holidays)
- Fully expensed business travel
- Office Allowance (if working from home)
- Contributory Pension Scheme of 5% employee/6% company contribution
- Family BUPA cover
- Personal Life Assurance & critical illness cover
Please send your CV below
Apply for Network Programme Manager: Electronic & Semiconductor, Software & Systems
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly