Summary of Role:
Perform functional testing and diagnostics of complex electronic assemblies. Diagnostics to be performed to component level for both prime product and repairs.
Will also be required to keep accurate test records, carry out any maintenance tasks and aid other disciplines to improve overall cost and quality of product.
- Primary duty is to diagnose complex electronic assemblies down to component level on failing products and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform functional testing of electronic assemblies to required contractual, quality and schedule requirements.
- Diagnose test equipment related faults.
- Execution of preventative maintenance and calibration plans for test equipment.
- Record accurate test records and provide requested yield & failure reports.
- Assist engineering with any ongoing investigations / initiatives.
- Aid the continual improvement of efficiency in designated test area(s)
- Minimum of HNC in electronics or equivalent
- Must have significant experience with testing and diagnostics of complex analogue and digital electronic assemblies down to component level
- Proven ability to set up and utilise various types of lab equipment for manual production test & debug purposes.
- Has a good understanding of electronics (including theoretical and practical knowledge of analogue and digital circuitry), able to interpret circuit diagrams and can communicate circuit functionality effectively.
- Can interpret test specifications to carry out manual production test requirements & debug.
- Can work to production schedules without detracting from product quality and any contractual requirements.
- Working knowledge and debug of switch mode power supplies
- Significant experience and knowledge of various ATE’s
- Confident, self starter who can operate with little supervision
- Ability to communicate at all levels across a range of disciplines
- Flexibility in working hours, as shift work may be required
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.