ICT Test Technician 102877BR
Summary of Role:
The position will be based in the CCA systems manufacturing department, situated within the In-Circuit Test (ICT) area. The ICT Technician will perform testing of complex PCBA’s and for failing boards, will take full ownership of diagnostic \\ debug activity (to component level). Will be required to keep accurate test records and to carry out first level maintenance tasks on equipment. Supporting other disciplines (mainly front end test engineering) to improve the overall cost and quality of product, this role will involve working a rotational shift pattern which will include some night shift working.
- Perform In-Circuit Testing of electronic assemblies to required contractual, quality and schedule requirements (using ATE).
- Diagnose \\ debug complex electronic assemblies to component level on failing products.
- Diagnose test equipment related faults.
- Active involvement in preventative maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Accurate test record recording.
- Assist engineering with any ongoing investigations / initiatives.
- Aid the continual improvement of efficiency in designated test area(s).
- Mentor and train junior colleagues.
- Creation of test specifications / procedures.
- Minimum of HNC in electronics or relevant experience.
- Must have previous experience with ICT ATE(Bed of nails, Flying Probe ++).
- Must be able to diagnose complex analogue and digital electronic assemblies to component level.
- Has a good understanding of electronics (including theoretical and practical knowledge of analogue and digital circuitry), able to interpret circuit diagrams and can communicate circuit functionality effectively.
- Can work to production schedules without detracting from product quality and any contractual requirements.
- Flexibility in working hours, as shift work will be required.
- Significant experience and knowledge of various ATE systems.
- Teradyne Z1880, Takaya APT-94xx Flying Probe, Innovate experience.
- Test Expert / Fabmaster experience.
- Working knowledge of ICT fixtures & Hardware.
- Military / Defence / High reliability industry experience.
- Confident, self-starter who can operate with minimum levels of supervision.
- Ability to communicate at all levels across a range of disciplines.
- Knowledge of JTAG and device programming.
- ESS / Thermal chamber experience.
- Some exposure to functional test.
- Some AOI or AXI experience (MVP AOI, Goepel AXI).
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass Raytheon.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.