Systems Architect (Satellite) 106521BR
Systems Architect (Satellite)
Location – Harlow, although for the right candidate we could consider Gloucester, Manchester or West London.
Req ID - 106521BR
About the role…
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK Intelligence and Security and help grow a new area of capability. We are looking for an experienced systems architect to join our Small Satellite Systems bid and future programme team. You will be involved in the development of satellite ground stations and control systems, and remote sensing systems through the full system development lifecycle. You will be developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon Intelligence and Security you will be part of an energetic and growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further your career aspirations and develop your management and leadership potential.
- Act as the System Architect for the design and development of the Raytheon Small Satellites business.
- Act as System Design Authority who can communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and none technical stakeholders
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and operations of GIS Small Satellite systems and act as a SME in consultation with the wider Raytheon
- Work with specialist partners to identify and obtain necessary technologies to complement the Raytheon offering.
- Requirements elicitation and decomposition with the customer and the wider Raytheon (including Partner) teams;
- Use Case capture and validation;
- Defining requirement compliance and acceptance criteria prior to system and component sign off;
- Maintaining requirements traceability;
- Systems level detailed design;
- Researching and resolving system design issues;
- Provide interpretation of requirements and design into the component design and implementation;
- Conduct Trade Studies between different system/component solution options;
- Validating design documentation from partner teams;
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Experience as a Systems Architect in similar programmes such as satellite ground stations, remote sensing systems or military comms systems, covering the Full Engineering Life Cycle from requirements decomposition to acceptance and customer sign off
- Definition of requirements via use case modelling
- Requirements management
- Demonstrable experience of model based systems architecture/engineering (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF)
- Understanding of the complexities in design and implementation of large scale information systems
- Ability to take responsibility for technical aspects of a project, and work closely with project management to deliver to time, quality and cost.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
Understanding and experience in exploitation of sensor data from satellite systems Understanding of definition and implementation of system performance metrics Data Modelling Technical management of partners and subcontractors Integration and Testing of large scale systems Information Security Engineering and associated UK government standards Experience of Business Change programmes and Knowledge of Business/Service process modelling and toolsets e.g. MooD
In addition, you should display the following key behaviours:
Ability to work closely with others in a small team. Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison. Ability to work under pressure. Contribute ideas that promote innovation. High degree of initiative and flexibility. Willingness to travel if required. Willingness to obtain and maintain a UK Government Security Clearance. Willing to learn. Good written and oral communication skills. Good time management, organisation and prioritization skills.
BSc in Computer Science or Software/Systems Engineering discipline, or equivalent
About Raytheon Cyber & Intelligence
Raytheon UK opened a Cyber Innovation Centre in the West Country in late 2014, Manchester in 2017, and a number of operational locations which all offer opportunities for a wide range of roles in a highly dynamic environment alongside some of the world's leading experts in the cyber security and intelligence fields.
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Raytheon also has a depth of experience in providing complex intelligence and surveillance systems to UK Defence.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
What we can offer you…
Ongoing development, with formal and on-the-job training, alongside the following benefits:
25 days holiday + statutory holidays Contributory Pension Scheme Life Assurance Flexible Benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK.