Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our Cyber & Innovation Centre based in Gloucester. We have a wide range of vacancies in our rapidly growing Software Development Team. We operate an Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be involved in the full lifecycle, creating solutions using the latest technologies.
Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you develop your career and maximize your potential.
Main duties of the position
- To develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems Key Responsibilities:
- Develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements as part of a Software Development Team
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems
- Contribute to the innovation of new products and services for our customer base
- Support Estimation, Planning & Retrospective activities
- Be involved in, committed to and part of the continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Demonstrable software development experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Java 7/8 application development
- Server side application development using middleware, for example, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Node.js Desirable Skills
- Experience Working in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps delivery model
- Experience of Git based source code management •Experience of Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Experience of scripting languages, in particular Python.
- Experience of continuous integration (Jenkins) and use of automated testing techniques
- Experience of working in a Cloud Based/Virtualized infrastructure Key Behaviours
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons •Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
We are looking for software engineers, with professional experience. Awareness of Information Security "best practice" would also be useful. Raytheon Cyber Security Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies. If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
Apply for Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly