Mechanical Design Engineer
Role Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Stevenage (relocation support would be considered)
Job Ref No: P6880
MBDA Level of role: Level 4
Reports to: Group Leader Mechanical Engineering
What’s the opportunity?
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe’s number one missile system provider, developing design solutions for the next generation of weapons.
What will you be doing?
- You will lead Design, Development and Proving activities, throughout the product lifecycle, for a wide range of missile system hardware.
- You will manage interfaces with suppliers and subcontractors.
- You will be supported with the use of state of the art engineering tools and MBDA’s extensive in house facilities and capabilities.
What are the benefits for you?
- You will be working on challenging engineering problems and will receive structured skills development.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation.
- You will be trained in specific aspects of missile system design.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of world class products.
- Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest technologies.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified plus significant post qualification experience in Mechanical Design and Development.
- Experience of leading significant work packages.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience.
- You will possess good communication skills and be aware of cultural differences.
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues.
- An understanding of structural/thermal/dynamic analysis would be advantageous.
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities. Relocation support would be considered on a case by case basis.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)