Graduate Hardware Electrical Engineer
L3 are looking for a Graduate Hardware Electrical Engineer to join our team.
Amazing happens every day - make it happen at L3.
As a Graduate Hardware Electrical Engineer, you will provide or support assigned Hardware Engineering tasks varying in complexity from moderate to high in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and Company processes. As a Hardware Graduate Electrical Engineer you will be working on a variety of new developments, updates and engineering problems as and when they arise. You will also be expected to learn multiple tools and work cross functionally not only within the department but within the company as the business demands. This will include work in Mechanical Engineering, Technical Publications and Hardware Test and Commissioning.
The role is within the Hardware Engineering Group which is made up of the following areas: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Configuration Engineering and Technical Publications. Our Graduates must be prepared to work cross functionally in other areas of the business and open to learn other Hardware Engineering Tools to support Mechanical and Tech Docs when required.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Carry out assigned hardware engineering tasks, in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and company processes
- Supporting repeat activities on a programme
- Effectively managing own time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently, taking
responsibility for own actions and decisions
- Proactively suggest potential improvements to product, local and Company processes to help drive improvement and efficiency
- Must be able to flexibly switch between multiple tasks at short notice according to immediate priorities (as directed)
- Develop familiarity with appropriate tools and processes required to perform design tasks
- Execute assigned design tasks using appropriate tools and processes
- Participate in Design Reviews as required
- Provide regular status updates to supervisor(s) as required
- Take part in the L3 Professional Development Scheme
Essential Skills and Experience:
- An appropriate degree or equivalent (with mathematics, science or engineering content)
- Will show an interest in and some basic understanding of engineering, simulation and/or aerospace
- An individual with drive, enthusiasm and can-do attitude coupled with the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to work under the supervision of others and to follow processes and instructions
- Some capability in the use of CAD software i.e. Pro E. would be beneficial.
- Strong verbal, presentation, written communication and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail and motivation to minimise error, change and rework.
- Capable of providing manufacturing support
- A good understanding of impact on Mechanical and Software systems
L3 operate an accredited Professional Development Scheme giving Graduates the opportunities to develop skills and capabilities to reach CEng or IEng status in a structured environment. While on our scheme you will be supported 1-1 by an experienced Mentor, undertake an In house training plan and partake in team objectives and projects with other Graduates and Apprentices on the scheme.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 25 days paid holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Support to professional registration
- Industry recognized accreditations