New Product Engineer
The NPI Engineer role fulfils the responsibility of supporting the NPI Manager and the Engineering Project Manager in taking products from prototype all the way through to full scale manufacture to for products developed to support growth, reduce operating cost and improve efficiency for Ocado’s 24/7 high speed operation.
The NPI Engineer’s remit includes but is not limited project planning and management of the introduction of new products into production facilities in line with the company’s requirements and OEM programme requirements & act as single point of contact for the Engineering Project Manager. Communicating with all relevant departments and personnel within the business to ensure that product status is clearly understood.
• Manage all new manufacture & / or assembly requirements from prototype up to and including pre-production approval of product.
• Support Product Roll Out Manager during customer meetings & lead key reporting during customer meetings
• Develop and maintain launch plans for new products and report / escalate any issues as required to the relevant manager
• Liaise with Central Engineering team through Product Roll Out Manager to support smooth handover of process and equipment prior to launch.
• Identify phased spending profile through NPI planning & monitor adherence to budget through process.
• Where required provide support to other projects, where defined by the Projects Manager.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Detail-orientated and organised individual, with a logical and methodological mind-set
- CAD Knowledge - AutoCAD / Pro-E / Solid Modelling
- Tool and gauge design awareness
- Tool cost reduction experiences
- Good communication skills and report writing
- Knowledge of production processes
- Knowledge of PFMEA
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
- Awareness of measurement and calibration standards
- Interpretation of drawings, technical specifications and product control documentation
- Project Management
- Exposure to direct communication and working with OEM customers.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- A project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or APM PMQ
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more about us and to apply for this role, please click the APPLY button.
More searches like this
- Automation Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Electrical Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Maintenance & Service Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Project Engineering Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management