NPG Software Engineer
Create the technology of tomorrow
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours?
Step inside our world and you’ll find one brilliant mind after another working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. Through this shared dedication—this culture of innovation and exploration—we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future. See for yourself. Look Inside.
That’s where you come in. We need innovators and proven communicators like you to push our thinking. We need your strong collaboration and organizational skills, as well as your ability to effectively work within a team environment. You will help push us to the next level.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with Intel Shannon DCG/NPG Software development team to deliver leading edge enterprise and communications platforms that will enable tomorrow’s Data Centre infrastructure and accelerate cloud computing adoption from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices.
You will be based in Shannon, Co. Clare as a member of the Intel® Resource Director TechnologySoftware development team. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented software engineers in multi-site projects working on cutting edge hardware. You will enjoy a world class work environment and you will be empowered to full fill your greatest ambitions.
- Honours degree in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years software development experience.
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++ programming, especially in developing multi-core or multi-threaded software.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating system, Linux Device driver development and how to optimize for performance.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong attitude to learn and innovate.
- Good understanding of Intel Architecture/x86 or other multi-core processor.
- Discipline and maturity to develop quality deliverables at all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi site team.
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Low Level Programming: Assembler.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Python, bash etc.)
- Real-Time & Embedded software development.
- Networking technologies e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP .
- Virtualization technologies e.g. KVM, XEN, QEMU, VMWARE.
- Agile Software development.
- Open Source Software Development.
- Source control management tools e.g. GIT, compiler toolchain and build tools.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.