Software Team Leader - Real Time Embedded
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
In the UK, Leonardo operates from 6 main sites (Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton, Southampton and Yeovil) employing around 7,000 highly skilled people, 67% of whom hold highly skilled positions. The company makes a significant contribution to the UK economy with revenues of over £2bn, around 50% of which are in export. Our products and capabilities range from manufacturing world-leading helicopters, the design and integration of radars, avionics and advanced targeting systems, the provision of secure communications and cyber security solutions through to development of cutting-edge optronics that sees us support sectors as diverse as defence, documentaries and sports.
Software Team Leader - Real Time Embedded
Based: Luton Hertfordshire
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Electronic Warfare business and take the next step in your career. As a world leader in electronic systems our advanced technology is installed on helicopters, fast-jet and Unmanned Air Vehicles. We are looking for motivated and adaptable Software Team Leaders to join our growing software community.
Our technology helps define the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Our life-saving defensive aid suites are fitted on all of the UK’s military helicopters, including the Army’s battle-tested Apache and the Royal Navy’s new AW159 Wildcats.
Our products help return service men and women safely home to their families.
If you enjoy a challenge and want to continue to create real time embedded software with tangible results combined with leading a team of engineers, this is a great opportunity to bring your talents to our world class facility and form a key part of Leonardo’s future.
Our software applications are varied including, System on Chip embedded processor technologies, signal processing algorithms and hardware interfacing.
Your technical leadership skills will be utilised across the full software and there may be opportunities to contribute towards the investigation and analysis of leading edge development methodologies and influence the future path of software development within Leonardo.
You should have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with experience of developing software in industry or a research and development organisation as well as In addition you will have knowledge and experience of:
- Developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment with a good understanding of different software development methodologies, tools and compilers.
- Programming in an object-oriented programming language.
- Leading a team providing technical direction, coaching and mentoring of team members.
- Estimating, planning, allocation and deployment of team member's workload to ensure that deliveries are met to time, budget and quality constraints.
- Reporting against teams work programmes including analysis of risk.
- Ensuring team size capability mix is optimised for successful delivery of work packages.
We will support your personal development with training and help you work towards professional accreditation if you wish.
At Leonardo, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees. Our benefits include:
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Generous relocation package: We offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
If you believe you have the knowledge and experience to enhance our team, and would value the opportunity of working in a flexible and supportive environment across a variety of exciting domains, please upload your CV and cover letter below, once submitted your application is sent directly to the Leonardo HR Team.
You can email Kay Alexander the HR Manager for this role for an informal discussion - firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Clearance requirements – please consider before applying
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.