QA Engineer - Audio Hardware & Software Testing
We are looking for a motivated QA Engineer to join our highly respected Quality Assurance team. You will be working on our Focusrite Pro product ranges, helping us ensure that they meet the high standards of Quality, Ease of Use, and Reliability that our professional customers have come to expect from us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing technical input into new product concepts to facilitate early risk reduction
- Devising effective test approaches to evaluate new technology
- Defining the scope of QA activities for new products under development
- Planning and executing functional, non-functional, and user acceptance tests
- Working closely with other teams in the R&D, Engineering, and Operations Departments to ensure a collaborative approach to product quality
- Developing your own areas of technical expertise, and providing support/training to the rest of the QA team
- Supporting our existing users with testing for maintenance updates, as well as ensuring on-going compatibility with third party software and hardware releases
What experience you’ll need:
- A professional background in either Product Testing/QA, or in Audio Technology
- A passion for quality, and an understanding of what this means to our users
- The ability to communicate clearly
- A rigorous, scientific approach to problem solving and analysis
- A degree-level qualification in science or engineering is desirable
- Passion for, and knowledge of, music and audio technology is essential
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme and share options, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). There are also company hack-days and making things easy days – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.
Click on the Apply Button below which will take you to our careers area where you can find our more and apply for this fantastic opportunity.