Product Integration & Test Engineer
Product Integration & Test Engineer
This role is for a senior software test engineer who is part of the Information Management (IM) team. The successful candidate will be responsible for Product integration and test activities and supporting design certification, assurance and acceptance for the EvO Information Management products. EvO is the first phase of the MORPHEUS program which includes the transformation of Bowman to an open and flexible technical and business architecture.
You will carry out software Product integration with hardware & software components, defining, scoping and running tests for complex middleware services, problem solving to identify defects, providing assurance evidence and participation in product and system demonstrations.
The IM Product Integration and Test Engineer will provide input into the System demonstration and where required assist the System integration teams at the Value Stream Level within a Scaled Agile Development Framework. Tasks will be varied, including software integration, setting up test environments, working in a virtualized environment and developing automated tests, supporting both product and system integration & test teams
- Support detailed planning to successfully execute product testing and integration and test activity
- Define test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases
- Execute defined product integration activities
- Execute tests and manage test results and associated data
- Support the production of test reports and associated test conclusions
- Support status reporting of product test activities.
- Support build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
- Carry out integration and test activity within the SAFe Agile Framework program
- Competence in Software product Integration and Test – depth of experience in some areas and breadth of understanding across the discipline , practicing as an Software test engineer on a complex development program
- Defining, scoping and running tests for complex middleware services
- Developing automated tests using tools such as JMeter and Gatling
- Defect investigation and root cause analysis
- Web Technologies (e.g. OData, HTTP, TLS, and REST)
- Testing software on Windows 10 and Server 2016
- Continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- Demonstrable experience of Java or C#
- Specifying and configuring test environments
- Source code management tools (e.g. GIT)
- Test Management tools (e.g. Rational Quality Manager)
- Working in virtualized environment
- Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills
- Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Ability to present at progress and system reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders
- Understanding and experience of Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system
- Python experience
- Powershell & Linux shell scripting
- Comfortable using Linux command line
- Knowledge of networking technologies (DNS, TCP, UDP, IP Routing)
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert
- Working in a Scrum environment
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.