System Test & Integration Team Lead
System Test & Integration Team Leader (Permanent)
General Dynamics UK is looking for a SI & Test Lead to be part of an exciting new programme for the Ministry of Defence that will modernise the existing tactical mobile network for the British Armed Forces.
The programme will develop and deliver a new system based on an open tactical CIS architecture that integrates existing and new communication products..
The EvO System Integration and Test (SI&T) Lead role will provide technical leadership and governance for SI&T teams on the EvO Project. The SI&T Engineering team is responsible for the integration and system testing of the EvO system baseline to provide a body of test evidence and support design certification to demonstrate system compliance.
The role will offer you the opportunity to provide proven in-depth system integration and testing expertise in planning, scheduling, executing and delivering a C4I Capability. You will demonstrate recent in-depth practical experience of various SI&T processes and procedures have strong management and leadership capabilities coupled with an in-depth experience of practical and pragmatic Systems Integration and Test Engineering on a large scale programme. Highly proficient technical communication skills are required both internally and with customers, including end users.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with a wider multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver solutions that meet customer needs to a defined quality standard within agreed timescales and budgets.
The role is responsible, along with SI&T Programme Manager and Engineer Manager for planning, execution and delivery (on time, to cost and quality) EvO Systems Integration, Test, Assurance and Acceptance.
- The development of appropriate integration and test plans
- Detailed planning to successfully execute integration and test activity
- Definition of test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases.
- Execute defined integration activities, including demos.
- Execute SI&T tests and manage test results and associated data
- Produce test reports and associated test conclusions - including provision of metrics data.
- Review test reports and supporting documentation and demonstrations.
- Status reporting of integration and test activities.
- Build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
- Integration and test activity within the SAFe Agile Framework program
- Customer and stakeholder engagement/management
- Recent experience as a Technical lead or manager of a large Systems Integration and Test team on a complex C4I development programme.
- Breadth of experience gained in roles that demonstrate technical leadership, the application of system engineering and integration skills and a track record of delivery.
- Understanding and experience of implementation of governance process and procedures for an SI&T project.
- Understanding of tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios, routers, switches and system management considerations
- Experience of defining, designing, implementing and executing test automation to reduce effort, costs and time.
- Experience of managing the integration of changing software, hardware and firmware baselines.
- Provided High Level of technical expertise and guidance to the SI&T team, specifically messaging and routing protocols, APIs, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless and wired environments
- Technical awareness of electrical, mechanical and computer systems hardware including knowledge of commercial IT architecture and technologies
- Adaptation of off-the-shelf Information Technology (hardware and software) for domain-specific (military) use.
- Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills - comfortable working in a technical laboratory while adhering to lab rules e.g. safe handling, equipment tracking and ESD
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Visio.
- Ability to manage a well-structured technical documents and review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Ability to present formally at progress reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.