Software Developer (C++)
We're looking for an outstanding software developer to join our software team. If you've used Launchpad or Circuit before, you'll know we love to innovate. We'd like you to work with us to specify, design and build exciting new Novation products. You'll need to quickly evaluate new technologies and contribute to team best practices. Most importantly, you'll write clear, high performance, well documented and maintainable code.
You'll also contribute to the maintenance of current products, comprising desktop software and high-level firmware for our Novation products.
An ideal candidate is likely to be:
- A seasoned software developer, with experience of a variety of programming languages, technologies and operating systems, such as:
- C++ (essential), Juce, Qt, network programming, multi-threading, macOS, iOS, Windows, Linux
- Familiar with GUI development and what makes a clear design
- Able to think abstractly from a high-level (architectures, design patterns, concurrency, API design) all the way down to low-level "C style" code (communication protocols, bits and bytes)
- A computer science graduate or related education
- Passionate about music and audio technology
- Able to solve complex problems without compromising on quality
- Able to clearly communicate technical designs verbally and in documentation
Team based in High Wycombe, flexible arrangements available including working days in the London office
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, lunch and learns, collaborating with industry and universities, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.