System Engineers - Interim and Permanent Contracts
Systems Engineers at Cox Powertrain Ltd - Truly Making Waves
The Engineering professionals at Cox have one thing in common - they want to help put a world class example of British engineered excellence on the global stage. This is achieved by working in an environment where creative and conceptual thinking is both harnessed and encouraged. Being part of the team at Cox as they embark on the next phase of growth and expansion is a truly exciting prospect and we welcome applications from people who share our vision and values.
Visit www.coxmarine.com to view our employee profiles & testimonials and to gain a personalised insight into working in our business.
Your main responsibilities as a Systems Engineer will involve:
- As systems engineer, you will take ownership for a system of parts and be responsible for ensuring your system meets the business and technical needs of all stakeholders, while delivering to programme milestones from concept phase into production. Primary duties will include:
- Understanding the requirements and state of the art relating to the system and its components as the system expert
- Creating and maintaining technical specifications to ensure correct function and integration into the product
- Accepting input from all business functions and making or guiding decisions with an understanding of the wider implications
- Setting up and leading internal and external discussions as appropriate to support deliverables
Your skills and qualifications as a Systems Engineer:
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to work to get the job done rather than working to the clock
- Maintain an enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to achieve technical excellence, believing in ‘good enough, is not good enough’.
- Commitment to the achievement of the company’s long-term business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, or a relevant scientific discipline
Specific experience of:
- The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work independently, manage their time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Make decisions with sound business and technical reasoning under pressure
- Present information clearly and concisely through written and verbal communication
- Respond quickly to business needs including travel
- Appreciate the roles of different business functions in successful product delivery
- A masters-level qualification in engineering or science
- Past base engine design or systems engineering experience
- A working knowledge of internal combustion engines and watercraft
What we're looking for in you:
You will be self-motivated, with good planning and organisational skills. You must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, together with the ability to work well, both independently and as part of a team.
The Company - “The impossible made possible”
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned, well-funded, company. It has taken a clean sheet approach through its development programme to deliver diesel engine designs that combine innovation, with best engineering practice to develop patented technologies to unlock new levels of power density.
The company is an exciting place to work, where innovative and unusual ideas are actively encouraged. The business is rapidly growing, and as such – is the ideal environment for a candidate wishing to work in a business with opportunity for career progression, and to be involved in an industry-changing development from relatively early on.
Cox Powertrain Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to our retained recruitment lead advisor, Richard Croft below. Please note all applications are treated in the strictest confidence and we will be more than happy to have an informal exploratory conversation to answer any questions you may have before applying. Please contact Richard Croft on 07717 894 343 (M) 01928 740 970 (O).