QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ leads in the provision of expert technical advice in the design and management of systems that include cryptography and key management. We have several roles to offer, across all levels of experience, in the delivery of customer-focussed research, consultancy, design and analysis for future cryptographic and key management systems.
Experience in all or some of the following:
• Working in information security, cryptography, computer/network security.
• Working within the Government security domain.
• Understanding and applying security, risk and assurance concepts to familiar and unfamiliar problems.
• Working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements.
• Working in an engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
• Working in and adding value to a multidisciplinary team.
• Interpreting customer needs; deriving requirements and understanding complex trade-offs in drawing conclusions and recommendations.
• Working across a broad spread of technical and project domains, understanding and shaping both the ‘big picture’ and technical details.
Knowledge of some or all of the following:
• Engineering design and implementation processes and methodologies.
• Digital communications technology.
• Crypto and key management Research and Development or product design for a standards regulated market (e.g. UK Government CAPS, FIPS, PCI DSSS).
• Security risk analysis and requirements capture.
• Security architectures and technology (hardware, software).
We have a number of vacancies available in this area hence the grading of successful candidates will be determined in accordance with and in alignment to skills and experience.
• Degree in a science, engineering or mathematical subject or able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
• Candidates should be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve SC and/or DV clearance as required. Due to this there may be certain projects where we will not be able to accept Dual Nationals.
• Innovative Self-starter able to show initiative.
• Offers solutions to problems.
• Able to lead and motivate others while being an enthusiastic team player.
• Evidence of delivering great results.
• Strong risk awareness & quality conscious.
• Able to follow processes and procedures.
• Present a good impression of a QinetiQ professional.
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:-
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants, 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working, Social and family events • Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club, Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance, Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
To find out more and apply, please click the apply button below.