QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ provides support for the delivery of a wide range of exciting defence and security projects from the development and demonstration of new concepts to the implementation of highly complex integrated software solutions and services. We have a range of roles to offer across all levels of experience for Software Engineers and are seeking talented, innovative and creative people. We work on a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects and provide opportunities to participate in a diverse range of programmes.
We are looking for individuals with experience in all or some of the following:
• Software engineering lifecycle.
• Software assessment.
• The specification, design and implementation of complex software solutions.
• Using software design, development environment and test tools.
• Producing software module and sub-system acceptance test plans and procedures.
• Integrating software modules into software packages according to defined interfaces.
• Ensuring interoperability via an interface specification and verification regime.
• Using configuration management and change management processes and tools.
• Following full configuration control procedures for the software artefacts under development.
• Designing software using UML.
• Participating in project design and reviews.
• Providing technical assurance in the software domain.
• Experience of Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM
Knowledge of some or all of the following:
• Starteam, DOORS, Enterprise Architect, Visual Studio, Atlassian tool set incl Jira
• Network standards such as DIS, HLA, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, NTP, DDS.
We have a number of vacancies available in this area hence the grading of successful candidates will be determined in accordance with and in alignment to skills and experience.
• Degree in a science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable equivalent experience.
• Candidates should be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve high level security clearance as required.
• Innovative Self-starter able to show initiative.
• Offers solutions to problems.
• Able to lead and motivate others while being an enthusiastic team player.
• Evidence in delivering great results.
• Strong risk awareness & quality conscious.
• Able to follow processes and procedures.
• Present a good impression of a QinetiQ professional.
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:-
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants , 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working , Social and family events
• Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club , Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance , Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
Please click the Apply button which will take you to our careers page where you can find out more about us, the role and apply.