Interconnects Design Engineer
What’s the opportunity?
MBDA’s increasing workload has generated openings for an Interconnects Design Engineer to work within our growing interconnects team designing bespoke Electrical Interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data transmission within and between subsystems in our products.
What will you be doing?
You will be designing bespoke cable designs for power, signal & data transmission. To do this you will need to interpret Sub-System requirements and from these generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions on CAD. You will need to carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems, issues or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team. The role also includes Support and liaison with manufacturing to resolve manufacturing problems and defects, plus the support to functional and environmental trials.
What are the benefits for you?
This role provides a wide scope of tasks and a unique opportunity to broaden technically within a growing company and high capability design teams. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
What’s great about joining this team?
The Interconnect Engineering team is focussed on specific technologies and provide expertise to the design population in their specialist subject. This specialist team is well respected, supportive and operate in a friendly environment both within the team and also within the greater Electronics function. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, take ownership and expand personally to the level of experience and aspiration that one may have.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Must have a minimum qualification in Electronics or a closely related subject. This could be ONC, HNC etc.
- Have experience in interconnect design technologies (e.g. cabling, flexible interconnect circuits);
- Have the ability to assess interconnect design concepts for practicality of electrical routing & conformance to design rules;
- Have the ability to provide specialist advice and support across projects and to other functions as appropriate;
- Work effectively in collaboration with other mechanical & electronic designers, plus relevant project managers;
- Ability to clearly communicate to mechanical & electronic designers any Interconnect limitations associated with their initial proposals and influence the adoption of alternative solutions;
- Have an appreciation of Interconnect production/process engineering;
- Work to tight or critical timescales, identifying and addressing critical aspects as a priority;
- Be familiar with Design records and the inputs required for the certificate of design compliance matrix;
- Have excellent verbal communication and written communication skills;
- Have the pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver a task on time and to cost;
- Possess good problem solving skills.
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)