Maintenance Team Lead
Reporting to the Terminal Manager, you will supervise a team of Maintenance Technicians, both Spirit Energy staff and contracting personnel, ensuring that the “28 day plan” is efficiently translated into an execution schedule and in a timely manner in line with all company and legislative requirements, ensuring maintenance is managed in accordance with the work management processes in order to meet key performance metrics, in particular with regard to safety critical maintenance.
This role leads and directs a multi-discipline maintenance team of 30 core personnel, to deliver safe and cost effective planned maintenance and responsive breakdown maintenance of plant and equipment, maximising plant availability and reliability to meet gas production schedules.
As a leader you will ensure your team of technicians wholly support the company’s policies, procedures and initiatives relating to Health, Safety and the Environment to safeguard the people and assets controlled by Spirit Energy, ensuring that maintenance is undertaken, and recorded in accordance with Spirit Energy and legislative requirements. To make sure appropriate prioritisation of planned and corrective maintenance to balance backlog, forelog and critical equipment availability is key as you are the day to day contact for all maintenance problems ensuring the relevant parties are involved to support effective solutions.
You will ensure the ‘compliance to plan / schedule’ monthly and weekly targets are met by performance review and management of issues which could impact the overall performance of the team, supporting a team of discipline engineers, providing information to help resolve maintenance problems by utilising your technical expertise to build solutions.
To identify improvements to the maintenance management system and ensure these are captured within the change procedure it vital to the role as you promote understanding of the workplace hazards and levels of risk, and encourage awareness in individuals of their contribution to the elimination or control of risk to themselves, those around them and to the environment.
As the Maintenance Team Lead you have direct responsibility for promoting a positive HS&E culture ensuring that all activities are undertaken in full cognisance of our commitment to health, safety and the environment and that all necessary controls are in place to minimise risks and eliminate hazards:
- Carry out effective active monitoring using the Operational Control Assurance process.
- Encourages and participates in initiatives/improvement measures.
- Undertakes Safety & Environmental Awareness Meetings and team briefings.
- Encourages the workforce to report accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Co-operates with line managers and supervisors in the prevention of work-related accidents and ill health, and the promotion of environmental good practice by adopting appropriate behaviours.
- Adheres to health, safety and environmental instructions and procedures.
- Reports unsafe practices, behaviours and equipment, and health, safety and environmental concerns and incidents.
- Ensures effective procedures, risk assessments and adequate instruction is provided to ensure safe execution of maintenance activities.
- Supports a positive health, safety and environment culture, offering improvement suggestions and participating in review of work practices and procedures.
- Encourages and applies good housekeeping in work areas.
- Ensures correct PPE is worn for work activities.
- Ensures the correct use of tools and equipment.
The right person for this role?
Will hold a BTEC HNC/HND in an appropriate engineering discipline and NEBOSH Certificate.
You will have undertaken a recognised training programme or apprenticeship within your discipline and have proven post training experience in the maintenance of process plant and equipment to have the level of understanding and familiarisation necessary to handle the issues that will arise.
You will come into this role with experience of team leadership with an understanding of the principles and processes involved in leading an effective team.
Spirit Energy is one of Europe’s top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica’s Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge.
The independent company was formed to combine a complementary mix of producing and development assets, and creates a robust, self-financing business to allow both organic and inorganic growth.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email [TJ_47(Recruiter 1 E-mail)] typing ‘Update required: [TJ_5(Web Description)] [TJ_2(Ref No.)]’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.