Chief Engineering Partner
2 Year Fixed Term/Secondment
- Lead from the front and help MBIE realise its ambition to be a world-leading building system regulatory steward
- Strengthen relationships between industry and government
- Work for an organisation that helps grow New Zealand for all
- Negotiable hours and location – You're the expert, tell us how you will make it work
The Building System Performance Branch (BSP) at MBIE is the Government's lead advisor on the building regulatory system, and we want to be world-leading. Ensuring that the building regulatory system supports New Zealand's social and economic aspirations is a large undertaking, but at MBIE challenges are what drive us. It's a place where you're encouraged and empowered to seize opportunities to make things better and to enhance the system.
Right now we have an opportunity for a strong leader with an extensive engineering background, who is a savvy operator, to join the BSP leadership team and help lead a journey of business transformation; the kind that will be felt throughout the building industry and beyond.
As MBIE's Chief Engineering Partner we will look to you to help strengthen relationships between industry and government.
It doesn't matter if you don't have government experience. What we want is somebody who is passionate and future focused. In this role you will:
- Build and strengthen relationships both within MBIE and the Sector
- Take the lead in staying on top of and understanding current engineering/compliance trends
- Help to inform BSP's strategic work programme
- Provide technical quality assurance, ensuring the correct systems are in place
Naturally you need to be a highly experienced engineer, however to be successful in this role it is equally important that you are:
- Influential in the New Zealand and International building industry
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of regulatory frameworks and levers
- Experienced working collaboratively across organisations and industries
- Able to communicate and engage effectively with a wide variety of audiences
This is a rare opportunity to work in a role where you will influence and lead the building sector at the regulatory end. Join us and help transform New Zealand's building regulatory system into a thing of international envy.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for and want to find out more go to our website (careers.mbie.govt.nz). You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. Email Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions.
Applications close on Sunday, 22nd April 2018.