Senior Electrical Engineer
DIO – Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Reference Number: 1576432
£37,940 + £3,000 allowances per year, excellent pension & benefits
37 hours per week, Permanent
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Our people share the common goal of supporting our Armed Forces through management of the military estate.
Take a look at our YouTube video to see more about DIO: https://youtu.be/kl9c3vCIRqY
THE JOB PURPOSE AND ROLES
The Electrical Team provides an engineering framework for the design, construction, and maintenance of electrical infrastructure including aeronautical ground lighting systems (AGL). This involves the provision of intelligent customer advice to the Authority and safety assurance functions to ensure MOD discharges its responsibilities and duties under the HASW Act 1974. Ongoing work includes: the provision of technical support to several high voltage distribution projects in the UK and overseas; the introduction of Demand Side Response across the estate; and the assurance of MOD’s Safe Systems of Work for electrical systems.
The Electrical Infrastructure’s Senior Electrical Engineer (HV/LV) has the role of supporting the Principal Electrical Engineer with: the implementation of the electrical safe system of work including the development of the safety rules and procedures and undertaking assurance activities; the development and maintenance of technical documentation and the provision of specialist technical support to customers; and the development of technical policy.
• Demonstrable knowledge and proven experience, throughout the system life cycle, of high and low voltage systems and the implementation of associated electrical safe systems of work.
• Educated to a minimum of degree level (or an equivalent qualification) in electrical engineering or an equivalent subject matter.
• You will also hold a professional qualification as either a Chartered or Incorporated Electrical Engineer.
• Full UK Driving License
The role may require frequent travel within the UK and overseas.
Some of the benefits to working for DIO include:
• Professional and Personal Development of skills
• Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months’ service
• Alternative working practices
• 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
• In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
• Generous maternity and paternity package
• Highly competitive pension scheme
• Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
For more information and to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Power jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Building Services Power jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Civil & Structural Power jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Control & Instrumentation Power jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Electrical Power jobs in Director & Senior Management