Mechanical Technician - Technicien en mécanique
7 days left
- Job Type
- Early Career
As an experienced mechanical technician, you will take responsibility for the operation, maintenance and upgrade of the mechanical workshop in the magnet laboratory that is responsible for the development of new types of superconducting magnets and you will be inolved in the manufacture of challenging mechanical parts.
- Be the workshop reference person on CNC machine programming.
- Receive requests for work from colleagues in the Section and in the Group (the Clients) and plan the work in the workshop.
- Fabricate special challenging parts on CNC and conventional milling and turning machines.
- Formulate machining sequences for the manufacture of standard and challenging parts.
- Sub-contract part manufacturing to the CERN central workshop and specialized firms, as appropriate.
- Write documentation and execute QC on the machined parts.
- Lead a small team of mechanical craftspersons to fabricate precise and challenging parts designed for magnets.
Higher technical diploma from a technical school, or equivalent. A specialization in machining would be an asset.
The experience required for this post is:
- Extensive proven experience in machining and turning with state of the art CNC machines and conventional machines.
- Experience with advanced programming of CNC machines.
- Experience with leading a team in a small mechanical workshop.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Turning, milling, erosion, grinding: of standard and challenging pieces.
- Definition of manufacturing method, process, preparation, planning, drawing, and control.
- Use of numerical control and conventional machine tools: at advanced level including advanced machine programming.
- 3D and 2D technical drawing: with Catia or other design packages, including ISO tolerance standards.
- Knowledge metallic materials processing.
- Precision assembly and construction.
- Perform conventional dimensional metrology on marble.
- Quality management: of the mechanical workshop and all the pieces manufactured.
- Performance management: manage the team working in the mechanical workshop
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written French; ability to understand English or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 29.04.2018.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.