Cable Design and Development Engineer
We currently seek a Cable Design and Development Engineer to join our team based in Glenrothes. Reporting to the Cable Design Manager this new role will be responsible for owning and driving leading edge and competitive cable design, product development and quality of specific cable product ranges for the data communication environment
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- To provide professional engineering and expertise to the business that will deliver new innovative copper and fibre cable products and assist in driving improved right first time levels across our current product ranges
- Project managing, using the established Leviton PDI development process, new product development including the full and final reporting of the cable development activity
- Working closely with the manufacturing unit to assure that the cable product range is within the manufacturing capability of the factory
- Create, manage and maintain technical documentation
- Developing and implementing the product specification
- Understanding the material impact on cable performance
- Responsible for defining the product for shop floor manufacture.
- Identifying and specifying the critical to quality attributes for products
- Reporting product performance trend information including data analysis
- Co-ordinating the implementation of product changes
- Development and co-ordination of product quality/ control plans including defining test requirements
- Manage the design verification process for the product range
- Manage and maintain the 3rd Party accreditation of the product range
- Ensuring the cable product range remains compatible with our connecting hardware
- Ensuring that the product range remains compliant with the required international standards and other legislation such as RoHS, etc.
- Standards participation or support for the business's main standards participants
- Higher level qualification in a science or engineering discipline.
- A degree in Electrical or Communication Engineering is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of structured cabling, data transmission and data communication is an advantage
- Can demonstrate structured problem-solving techniques
- Experience in leading successful projects
- Proficient in MS Office
- Effective communicator and report writer (to both technical and non-technical audience)
- Logical Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in design and development, preferably within a continuous manufacturing environment
- A recent graduate would be considered however a minimum of 2 years in a technical role within a manufacturing environment is preferred
To apply please send your CV with covering letter outlining your salary expectations and notice period to the HR Team