Lead Software Engineer (.Net, C#)
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
Lead Software Engineer (.Net, C#)
In the UK, Leonardo operates from 6 main sites (Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton, Southampton and Yeovil) employing around 7,000 highly skilled people, 67% of whom hold highly skilled positions. The company makes a significant contribution to the UK economy with revenues of over £2bn, around 50% of which are in export. Our products and capabilities range from manufacturing world-leading helicopters, the design and integration of radars, avionics and advanced targeting systems, the provision of secure communications and cyber security solutions through to development of cutting-edge optronics that sees us support sectors as diverse as defence, documentaries and sports.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Electronic Warfare business to further develop your career. As a world leader in electronic systems our advanced technology is installed on helicopters, fast jets and unmanned air vehicles.
- Our technology helps define the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon.
- Our life-saving defensive aid suites are fitted on all of the UK's military helicopters, including the Army's battle-tested Apache and the Royal Navy's new AW159 Wildcats.
- Our products help return service men and women safely home to their families.
We are looking for motivated and adaptable engineers to join our growing software community in lead roles. So if you enjoy a challenge and want to utilise your leadership skills this is a great opportunity to bring your talents to our world class facility and form a key part of Leonardo's future.
Key Responsibility Areas
In your role as a Lead Software Engineer you will be considered a subject matter expert for windows application development. You will be leading the development and implementation of the software technical solution making engineering decisions, mitigating technical risk and acting as the design authority ensuring best practice is shared and followed.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You should have a degree level qualification in a relevant discipline and meet the requirements for registration as an Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council. In addition you will be expected to have some of the following:
- Extensive Windows application development experience with C# and the .NET framework.
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft development toolchain.
- Proficiency in refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code.
- Expertise in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications.
- Experience of technical ownership for a product/software project, including architecture, estimation, product planning and user story/requirement creation.
- Experience with the latest continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Experience of taking the technical lead role, mentoring and directing other team members.
- Demonstrable experience and success within your previous role, including taking responsibility for remaining up-to-date with relevant technology and personal development.
- Good knowledge of current industry best practice software development processes including Agile.
We will support your personal development with training and help you work towards professional accreditation if you wish.
Once you join us you will benefit from everything you would expect from an industry leading, people focused company including flexible working arrangements, an early finish on Fridays and an award-winning pension scheme.
At Leonardo, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees. Our benefits include:
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Generous relocation package: We offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
If you believe you have the knowledge and experience to enhance our team, and would value the opportunity of working in a flexible and supportive environment across a variety of exciting domains, please upload your CV and cover letter below, once submitted your application is sent directly to the Leonardo HR Team.
You can email Kay Alexander the HR Manager for this role for an informal discussion - firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Clearance requirements – please consider before applying
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.