Defence Analyst - Threat Systems Assessment
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
In the UK, Leonardo operates from 6 main sites (Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton, Southampton and Yeovil) employing around 7,000 highly skilled people, 67% of whom hold highly skilled positions. The company makes a significant contribution to the UK economy with revenues of over £2bn, around 50% of which are in export. Our products and capabilities range from manufacturing world-leading helicopters, the design and integration of radars, avionics and advanced targeting systems, the provision of secure communications and cyber security solutions through to development of cutting-edge optronics that sees us support sectors as diverse as defence, documentaries and sports.
Defence Analyst - Threat Systems Assessment
Job Description and Skills
Our central London team is looking for talented and enthusiastic analysts to perform space system assessments for our UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) customer.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team and embedded within the MOD, you will be responsible for the technical analysis and assessment of various space systems, as well as the production and delivery of associated reports, models, and presentations to our MOD customer, their customers, and wider audiences.
The role will suit either recent graduates or those with relevant experience of space systems who wish to apply their abilities in a technical analysis and systems assessment environment.
A degree (or equivalent) in a STEM subject and strong numerical and analytical ability is required, and a postgraduate qualification would be advantageous. Candidates should have experience, aptitude or appreciation in some of the following areas:
• Space technologies, such orbital dynamics, subsystem design & operations;
• Space-relevant sensor technologies, such as electro-optical, SAR, or hyper-spectral imaging;
• Mathematical techniques & data manipulation;
• Software Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) and/or modern programming languages.
You should have a proactive approach to your work and be able to communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
We will support your personal development and help you to work towards professional accreditation if you wish.
This role requires applicants to hold sole UK nationality, in accordance with UK MOD requirements. Offers will be dependent on the ability to gain suitable security clearance; current holders of DV-level clearance would be advantageous.
At Leonardo, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees. Our benefits include:
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Generous relocation package: We offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
If you believe you have the knowledge and experience to enhance our team, and would value the opportunity of working in a flexible and supportive environment across a variety of exciting domains, please upload your CV and cover letter below, once submitted your application is sent directly to the Leonardo HR Team.
You can email Kay Alexander the HR Manager for this role for an informal discussion - firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Clearance requirements – please consider before applying
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager